Packet Tracer 7.1 has been released by Cisco on netacad.com at the begining of August 2017. This is a major version including updated IOS 15.5(3) version for 1900 and 2900 ISR routers, advanced wireless simulation capabilities with WLC and lightweight Access Point new devices. Description of all the new features on this page. Support for Ubuntu 12.04 has ended. Packet Tracer 7.1 is only available for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit .
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 is created by Cisco SystemsTM and is now provided for free to everyone. Self learners are now able to download Cisco Packet Tracer after registering on Cisco Netacad website. This is a major change in Cisco delivery policy for Packet Tracer as previous versions were only available for Netacad students and instructors.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Features Review
- It allows more flexibility for rack and stack.
- You can add-a-rack and add-a-table with Packet Tracer 7.1.
- You can make an optional association between logical clusters and physical clusters of devices.
- It allows you to install, uninstall, and stop the programming tab.
- Import and export projects as the .pkp format.
- Activity Sequencer enhancements have been made.
- Support for MQTT protocol is added.